Select pre-owned vehicles at Motorcars Honda now includes
FREE Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty
This new program covers the purchaser for as long as they own their vehicle. There's no catch, this is real lifetime coverage for as long as you own your car. See more questions and answers about this great new program below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this new limited Warranty program really lifetime?
- It is. This new program offers the purchaser coverage for their vehicle for as long as they own their vehicle.
Okay, so what's the catch?
- No catch. Lifetime coverage.
Can the limited Warranty be cancelled or transferred by the customer?
- No. Because the customer is receiving the warranty as part of the deal, it cannot be cancelled or transferred.
What is the coverage provided by the limited Warranty?
- The Limited Warranty provides Powertrain coverage. (See Limited Warranty contract for details.) Also, the customer will have the option to purchase a CostGuard WRAP contract to augment the Limited Warranty coverage in the event they wish to do so.
Is there a deductible?
- No, there is no deductible with the Lifetime Limited Warranty.
What cars are eligible to receive the new lifetime limited Warranty?
- Most Asian and domestic vehicles that are current model year plus" previous model years old (model year changes on January 1) and have less than 70,000 miles on the odometer at delivery are eligible. (See eligibility list for excluded vehicles.)
Does the customer get anything to show that he/she received the warranty?
- Yes. Every customer that purchases a vehicle that comes with the new Limited Warranty will receive a copy of that warranty at delivery.
What if a customer doesn't want the warranty and asks for a price reduction to remove it. Can we do that?
- Absolutely not. Removing the warranty from the vehicle would represent a violation of both the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act and North Carolina's Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
What FTC Used Car Disclosure form should the dealership use for this new limited Warranty?
- The Limited Warranty contracts come with appropriate FTC stickers.
What other point of sale materials are available for use with the new lifetime limited Warranty?
- Brochures, mirror hangers, inside window stickers, license plate inserts, windshield stickers, outdoor pole banners
When does the new limited Warranty program start?